SMC Childbirth Educator Training Program is a 6-week training (1 day per week). There are assignments in between classes to ensure that you are an expert childbirth educator. Handouts, lectures, PowerPoints, Role Playing, and articles are included in the training.
“Be An Empowering Childbirth Educator!”
November 11-2021 through December 16th, 2022
Time:: 10:00am PST – 5:30pm PST.
Two 5-minute breaks and one-lunch break.
Week 1: The history of childbirth education in the United States.
Week 2: The physiology of birth and cultural competency.
Week 3: Labor support and management.
Week 4: Postpartum period and breastfeeding.
Week 5: The love of teaching.
Week 6: Building a business.
- Must be a certified doula or midwife.
- Show proof of three years of experience in the field.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED minimum requirement.
- Access to stable internet and access to a headset with a microphone.
- Three references stating that you perfect candidate for the training
There is no cost to apply. If you meet all requirements, you will be notified of your acceptance into the program and provided with next steps to confirm your participation and process your training fee.
Training Fees are due within 7 days of your acceptance into the program. Payment can be made in one or two-installments. More information will be provided to eligible applicants.