SMC FCDBC Train the Trainer Program
SMC Full Circle Doula Training program is the premier dual certification program for labor and postpartum doulas. It was created by Shafia M. Monroe in 2002 to improve birth outcomes in the Black/African American community and communities of color by honoring the legacy of the 20th century African American midwife, teaching birth culture, creating a circle of care, mothering the mother, and helping families celebrate their new baby.
Champion for Diversity
SMC continues to be the lead doula training program for improving Black infant and maternal outcomes in the US. Since 2002, SMC has trained over 2,600 persons worldwide. Moreover, nearly 90% of trainees identify as African American/Black women and men, and persons of color.
Learn to facilitate the Four (4) Day Premier Doula Training
The objective of this course is to prepare you to train individuals to become SMC Certified Full Circle Doula Birth Companions in a group setting. This program is a web-based and in-person learning experience. As a result, participants develop effective presentation techniques at their own pace. So, if you have a busy schedule or just enjoy virtual platforms, then this program could be for you.
What You Will Learn
Through role-play, demonstrations, lecture, assessment, and evaluation, you will learn:
- The history of the SMC FCDBCT program
- How to teach from the revised training curriculum
- Medicaid reimbursement regulations
- The principles of effective delivery
- Time management in group settings
- Interpersonal communication
- How to work with consultants
- Teaching with audio/visual tools
- Marketing and engagement
- Implementation of popular education
- SMC FCDBC Scope of Practice
- Use of training evaluations and assessment tools
- Curriculum Development
- Business Development and networking
Be a member of powerful organization and:
- Invest in your career
- Increase your income
- Make your own schedule
- Earn a SMC Train the Trainer Certification
What to Expect
The SMC Train the Trainer Certification Program is a unique interdisciplinary 12-month training program that includes:
- Professional development in training
- Learning through videos, readings, and reflective exercises
- Interacting and posting in the SMC Full Circle Doula Birth Companions Facebook Group.
- Two online coaching sessions to build self-awareness and personal effectiveness
- Understand the purpose of Blood Pressure reading in public health
- Update information to improve infant and maternal health
- SMC Cultural Competency Training overview
- In-person 30-hour interactive session(s)
Certified SMC FCDBC Trainers and are working to become current, the Application Fee is $55.00 (Access Code Required). If you are applying for the first time, the Application Fee is $75.00.
Training Fees are due upon registration and required only of applicants accepted into the program.